I can’t think of a time that an update on Tumblr made things easier. I understand that there is a learning curve to updates and things take time to adjust to. What I don’t understand is how something can be implemented without user data or proper feedback.
I make 20-50 posts per day using Tumblr. The new update made what I do more difficult in most ways (even if only slightly). Added clicks and pop-out boxes that can’t remember my history (like retyping tags - which also doesn’t support drag and drop) Sourcing became slightly more difficult which makes it less likely that people will source items. I know it’s just a click in another place, but it’s a click that wasn’t needed to source yesterday when things worked fine. Every Tumblr update might make things more efficient on Tumblrs end and that is fine. I just don’t understand why they rarely if ever seem to benefit the users.
25 Notes/ Hide
- jankhank likes this
- retronator said: You prompted me to get out of bed and see how this looks like. Thanks for the wakeup call (literal).
- retronator likes this
- stalkmemotherfucker likes this
- mirza said: I do think the new update is great for the majority of users. It sucks for power users though. With that said, if I was really concerned about content, I’d never host a site on tumblr.
- apocalypsedave likes this
- el-angsty-chicharron likes this
- grimlypadfooted said: Then if you complain, everyone’s like, “it’s a free service, stop complaining!!”
- grimlypadfooted likes this
- hardtosayit likes this
- geekvariety likes this
- automatic-bazooti likes this
- topherrocks reblogged this from troublicious
- pxlbyte likes this
- troublicious reblogged this from ronworkman
- troublicious likes this
- thehuskybro likes this
- quanji likes this
- derych reblogged this from ronworkman
- nebachanezar reblogged this from ronworkman and added:
- cipater said: I haven’t had too many problems but I use missing e and tumblr savior in Chrome and I don’t post anywhere near as much as you!
- nebachanezar likes this
- recursiverecursion likes this
- ronworkman posted this