This is a graph for Nintendo fanboys so that you can somewhat grasp what kind of shape the company is in. I know you go on Nintendo fan pages and see the upbeat version of a press release about the Wii U sales but they just aren’t great. There also isn’t much to indicate they will get better any time soon. The above graph is what the net sales & net income (in Yen) looks like for Nintendo over the last 4 years.
Iwata (Nintendo’s CEO) has said there will not be a price mark down. That almost goes without saying. A price markdown in the 1st year or even 2 is likely a sign of collapse with any console. Nintendo lost almost a half of a billion last year and it looks like they will make a slight profit this (fiscal) year. If they don’t, who knows what the future holds. I understand the profits were really high in the past which makes the incline even sharper. I know you might not want to think it but what you are seeing is a near catastrophic collapse of a company.
9 Notes/ Hide
- normal-gamer likes this
- normal-gamer reblogged this from ronworkman
- geekcubed said: They were always a handheld company and the iPhone/iPod Touch kicked their asses. Apple did what Sega and Sony could not, Kill Nintendo.
- nhaler likes this
- tazar likes this
- slaughterhousefive likes this
- theinternetaccordingtoadrian likes this
- joshuathehutt likes this
- krakenstein reblogged this from ronworkman and added:
- ronworkman posted this